Part 1 of Better Flow: What she said...
Let's chat over some coffee or soup! So I polled a few friends last week and asked "What are two things you're currently doing to better manage the flow of your day?" Their responses were a gift. Each was refreshing and great practices we can all take from and incorporate into our day. I pray they bless your daily flow too! Enjoy the repetition of common themes. In their own words, here's part 1 of what they said:
- Realizing that sometimes I have to say 'no' and that's okay.
- Getting up earlier and having quiet time, prayer and time with my husband before I take kids to school.
- I live by a calendar and a bazillion reminders!
- No phone in the mornings.
- Read the Word.
- Planning our meals better. Going to the grocery store on Saturday instead of Monday and planning the entire menu.
- Using technology to my advantage (making sure I put things in my calendar and set reminders, using my notes app to keep track of things etc.)
- Definitely do better if I wake up early! The rest of my day is a bit better. Might need a nap, but that's okay.
- Prep things the night before. Pray before the day starts.
- Take at least a 30 minute break in the middle of the day completely unrelated to work and just for myself.
- Making sure I do my workout in the morning because if I leave it for the evening something always gets in the way.
- Share gratitude.
- Walk and pray for each of my kids.
- Erin Condren planner! It's amazing and totally customizable!
- Trying to never put off a task or chore that will take less than five minutes to do NOW.
- Getting rid of all clutter in closets, drawers etc to streamline my efficiency.
- Utilizing the Cozi app.
- Delegating tasks/sharing responsibilities with other family members.
- Know when I need to unplug from technology.
- Being flexible.
Love these words... And I couldn't leave you without sharing this super simple, bless your home and belly recipe! And remember, leftovers are a blessing.
Mexican Chicken Soup
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 -28 oz can Organic diced tomatoes plus one can of water
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (or hot sauce that suits your fancy)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
Toss all the ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 6-7 hours. Remove chicken breasts at the end. Using 2 forks, shred chicken on a cutting board and then slide it back into soup. Time to serve it up! I like mine over shredded kale or spinach. My fam likes theirs over crushed tortilla chips. Top liberally with diced avocado and squeeze of fresh lime! Enjoy!